I have said it in the past about me moving away from CS to WordPress. I just stumbled across this post from Scott who has done exactly the same thing. So maybe the time to ditch CS is coming near. I just need some free time to try this.
Got this via Megha and it is absolutely brilliant – ah the memories it brings back. I first though of adding links for the “bloody civvies” who don’t get this – but changed my mind as it is not meant for them. 🙂
You know you are a pure breed fauji kid if:
- You were born in a Military Hospital.
- Half your toddler years were spent being looked after by Bhaiyas (no explanation here).
- You went to school either on Bhaiya’s cycle or in a Shaktiman.
- You know what a Shaktiman is. ( No! it isn’t the TV serial about half man and half machine starring AB lookalike).
- Jeeps and Jongas don’t excite you – they were your regular mode of transport!
- The only alternative to the Central School was the Army School.
- You always called Kendriya Vidyalaya Central School. Gosh even today that sounds better!
- Your entire family could survive in one room temporary quarters with 25 trunks, wooden crates, the dog, the bedroll and two bhaiyas flitting around.
- The smell of Brasso and shoe polish was regular staple.
- Mess was not what you created in your room, it was where you went every Friday for the free “English” movie.
- The “English Movie” was very often a western and you couldn’t follow a word! Sometimes you just went for the samosas and the local drink that they insisted was Cola.
- At the end of the month your dad had to pay for many pink slips showing how many samosas and local drinks that they insisted was Cola you had consumed. They never missed any!!!
- You attended many May Queen Balls before you knew what Miss India was.
- Your mother regularly got dressed, perfumed and dissappeared for the Ladies Club.
- You knew towns like Mhow, Wellington, Deolali and Bhuj.
- You weren’t a millionaire but hey you had Swimming, Horse Riding, Squash, Tennis and Golf!!
- You thought the main reason to have a Institute was to have a Holi Bash.
- You can still take one quick look at the epaulets and figure out the rank.
- You discussed Wednesday’s Chitrahaar in the Shaktiman.
- You can still recall the special & particular smell of the CSD canteen! A special prize for the correct concoction – mine is – it was a mix of Hamam Soap, Ponds Dreamflower Talc & Surf I think. In some corners it had overtures of Brooke Bond red Label as well.
- Your vacations were a package deal consisting of D-forms, Sharma Uncle Ka jonga and EME Mess ka kamra