Yes I am a foodie (quite surprising, a lot of people find that surprising). 😎
Anyways, this is what I intend to cook tonight among other things. I cannot claim credit for this, I found it online some time back and now its stored on my Wiki at home and I don’t know who to give credit for it anymore.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Cook garlic in butter for a minute, but do not brown.
- Add asparagus, and cook for 10 minutes, turning asparagus to ensure even cooking.