Just upgraded the blog to WordPress 3.0 – two clicks and I was done – can it get any simpler? What a pleasant surprise compared to the pile of crap that CS 2007+ turned out to be. Try upgrading that in something like two clicks? Ha! Well done WordPress!
Next post in the interesting find series.
- Speccy – an advanced and very cool System Information tool for your PC.
- Channeling Earth – Rivers Seen From Space
- The SSD Relapse – Understanding and Choosing the Best SSD
- Turn off laptop screen – every machine does not have an option to switch off the screen (say at night) and this small app is perfect for those situations – very handy at night.
- How to save and share ridiculously large files – well the name says it all. 🙂
- SQL Server I/O Internals – if you wanted to know how SQL Server handles I/O then this is a very interesting read.
- Clustered Tables vs Heap Tables – interesting to understand the comparisons in SQL Server (especially if/when you will be dealing with SQL Azure).
- Cloud Computing footprint – is it time we started measuring our digital footprint just the same as we have our carbon footprint?
- Zettabytes – Petabytes is so yesterday; hello Zettabytes! I wonder how one indexes that?
- Let me Google that for you – perfect for when you get a question from a few lazy people.
- Let me Bing that for you – same as above, except this uses Bing.
- 15 RDP Solutions for Linux – good write up comparing the various options you have if you want to RDP to Linux from Windows/Mac.
- Ninite easy PC Setup – Install multiple apps at once without toolbars or clicking Next. Quite handy if you have less-technical friends/family. 🙂
… the average wife spends nearly 8,000 minutes a year nagging her husband!
This computer hardware chart is quite cool. Not sure why, where and who would want to use this. But, it does beg the question – can things get any geekier? 🙂